We are pleased to launch today String Machines, a digital hybrid instrument forged with the analog imprint of the 11 most musical string synths ever built.
11 vintage analog beasts. Reborn.
New tracks are coming up soon
Back in the 70′s, leading keyboard designers around the world attempted to reproduce orchestral string sounds through analog synthesis. The results were far from their original intent but were in no way failures. Used on countless cult records and engrained in our collective memory to this day; these ‘String Machines’ bore an analog soul on their own.
At UVI, we are obsessed with this, having spent countless hours working on ways to capture this analog soul and present it as an accessible, expressive, fully editable digital tool. So was born String Machines; a hybrid instrument, forged with the analog imprint of the 11 most musical string synthesizers ever built.
We’ve painstaking recorded thousands of samples with the very best analog and digital gear available, putting in everything we’ve learned in order to bring you this comprehensive instrument at an unbelievable price.
UVI String Machines is your doorway to a grand collection of analog gems from some of the most esteemed synth pioneers of our time.
• Authentic sounds of character reproduce the analog grunge and warmth of yesteryear.
• Instant access to tons of presets and preset layers; find sounds you love and get inspired quickly!
• Dual layers. Select the machine and the associated sounds.
• No loading time when switching machines and sounds.
• Shape your sounds using authentic analog-modeled filters, envelopes, and LFOs.
• Experiment with the step modulator and take your sound out of this world!
• Samples recorded in 24/96 khz with Prism convertors, mastered to perfection and converted to 16/44.1 kHz.
Compatible with all sequencers
Thanks to the free UVI Workstation 2.0.5 (mandatory version), String Machines can work:
• as a stand-alone instrument, compatible with Mac & PC
• as a VST, AudioUnit, RTAS and MAS plug-in. iLok required.
Thanks to MachFive 3 – make the most of all the editing features offered!
11 machines wonderfully grungy and full of character
Korg Poly Ensemble PE2000
Excelsior Strings Synthesizer K4
Logan String Melody
Solina String Ensemble
Very famous machine combining strings, a basic polysynth and a bass section
Known as a vocoder, it contains excellent sounding strings and choirs.